Sunday, October 10, 2010

Introducing --- Northwest Corner

Starting a new column which can be read at www.sgnscoops.com and www.sgmradio.com

Being a fan of Southern Gospel music doesn't mean you have to live in the south. In fact, those of
you in the great Pacific Northwest know that there is a large fan base here in our little corner of the world. Our friends down South have a hard time believing that us west coast, northerners can know a thing or two about Southern Gospel music, but we can! I remember one of my first trips to the National Quartet Convention. My name badge had my home state of Washington clearly printed under my name. Most people I met that week assumed I was from Washington, DC. When I corrected them, they turned their heads sideways and gave me a funny look. “You have Southern Gospel out there?” they'd ask. Of course, you can't go to a Southern Gospel concert every day of the week, or even every weekend, but thanks to some determined promoters and faithful fans, some of SG's most prominent groups make their way west to encourage and entertain fans and to, of course, spread the Gospel.

In an effort to entice other Southern Gospel artists and groups to our beautiful neck of the woods, I am going to be sharing some of the amazing things that make this area, well, amazing. I might even throw-in a Southern Gospel tid bit or two, just to prove that our geography has little to do with our musical preferences.

With that being said, I'd like to give you a little teaser about what awesome adventures await you in my upcoming articles because I know you just can't wait until next month to read about them. Together, we'll be exploring some of the most beautiful natural scenery, unique towns and interesting destinations including the Museum of Flight, the Space Needle and the World Famous Chuckanut Drive.

If you live in this area, you'll see some beloved and familiar sights and if you don't, well, I just hope that we will tempt you to step-off the highway next time you're in the area and explore some of the amazing things the Northwest has to offer.

Earn gift cards while you search