1. Don't be afraid to ask for help - call your dentist to see if they would be willing to donate toothbrushes and toothpaste, You may even want to put out a Facebook status asking people if they have anything they want to donate
2. Shop early and smart - Check out the sales racks all year round for fun things to include in your boxes. Barnes and Noble's $2 sale is a great resource. Call your local store to find out when the sale might run. Small toys can be picked-up on the cheap. Also Target's toy clearance sales are a great place to load-up.
3. Watch for coupon deals - Walgreen's, Rite-Aid and CVS have a lot of great coupon deals all year round. You can find great deals and use your reward points to buy small cars, balls, crayons, fashion dolls and stuffed toys.
4. Dollar Store & Target Dollar Spot - You can find fun items to put in your box at these locations. Be careful because you don't want to gift something that isn't good quality, but there are a lot of great gems at both of these locations. Small toys, socks and other useful and fun items can be found here and make great additions to the boxes.
5. Look in your Gift Closet - Take a peek into your gift closet for little gems. You may find a small stuffed bunny you forgot about from Easter or a small item that was left over from birthday gift bags.