Springtime is here and that means its time to smell the roses and watch for baby bunnies. Its also time to save and make a little money.,,
1) Spring Cleaning... Time to clean out closets and pantries. Choose a different area of the house every day and look for things that you can live without. Once you have hunted and pecked your way through your closets and drawers, separate items into piles of things to consign and to donate. Hold yourself accountable to actually deliver these items. Soon you'll find your wallet a little heavier and your house a little lighter.
2) Plant a Garden.... Plant as many fruits and vegetables as you have time and space for. A little money and time investment now will result in a delicious and profitable harvest. Save money by growing your own produce. Not only will you be enjoying the great outdoors, but will save money of food and gas (because you won't have to drive to the grocery store).
3) Clearance Sales.... Keep an eye on the clearance racks and shelves. This is a good time to start back to school shopping. Be on the look-out for winter clearance items like jeans, hoodies and long sleeved shirts. Also, keep an eye on spring clearance in the coming weeks. Stock-up on non-perishable Easter items to fill next year's baskets and for possible birthday goody bag fillers.
4) Plan Ahead... Its a good time to start planning for summer vacation fun. Watch for deals from sites such as Groupon. You can often find good deals on hotels and local activities from these types of discount sites. Summer travel is typically more expensive that other seasons, but if you do your research and travel on non-peak times you are likely to save a lot of money.
5) Bike and Walk More.... With the warming weather you will be able to get outside more often. You will be able to bike to work and walk to local appointments. Not only will you save money on gas, but you will improve your health without the cost of a gym membership
Most importantly, enjoy your Spring!!