Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Review: The Harlem Globetrotters

 The Harlem Globetrotters are an American tradition, almost as common as apple pie. Maybe that's why so many parents take their children to see these amazing players who are part athlete and part entertainer.

We recently had the privilege of experiencing the athleticism and antics of this American tradition first hand. We could feel the excitement the very minute we walked into Comcast Arena in Everett, WA.

There were lights and music are people buzzing around, but it's not hard to spot the familiar red white  and blue uniforms milling about the court. I think I was as excited as my kids. Maybe even more. I remember watching them as a child. I enjoyed everything about it even though I wasn't much of a sports or basketball fan.  I liked their silly antics and humor and had fun watching them beat the other team. A lot has changed in the world, but the Harlem Globetrotters still remain an American tradition of entertainment & American values.

My son's favorite globetrotter was Flip, who kept the the audience on the edge of their seats and entertained with his carefree antics. The performance was one part sport and one part entertainment. Fans of the game won't be disappointed, nor will those who have only a mild interest in the game of basketball. There are plenty of other delightful surprises, contests and friendly sparring between the players.

 

Earn gift cards while you search