Friday, October 11, 2013

Ringling Brother's and Barnum & Bailey Circus: Fully Charged Review



They say that the Ringling Brother's and Barnum and Bailey Circus is the "Greatest Show on Earth." That is a lot to live up to, but I'm pleased to say that they didn't disappoint.  

We were able to enjoy this performance at the Comcast Arena in Everett, WA. The atmosphere was lively right from the time we hit the door with the flags, decorations and banners covering the walls and merchandise tables lining the hall. If you decide to check out this show, "Fully Charged" in your hometown, be sure to go an hour early in order to take advantage of the pre-show activities. My children loved this time almost as much as the circus itself. I would recommend arriving at least a half an hour before the pre-show as the line to get into the arena was pretty long.

Carol creating a footprint painting.
They were able to see the elephants up close and personal. My three year old had never seen an elephant in person before and was a bit timid at first, but Carol won her over.We could have gone backstage, but my kids wanted to be a part of some of the acts. They were chosen for the jump rope and strong man acts.  Consider bringing a "nicer" camera unless your phone takes amazing photos. It was great being able to see some of the performers and stunts close-up.

The show is two hours long with a 15 minute intermission. The action is packed enough that even my three year old was entertained and enchanted.  I didn't even have to dip into the crayons and Polly Pockets that I typically carry in purse for entertainment.

My son and husband enjoyed the Death Defying Motorcycle Globe the best. The speed at
Two motorcycles spinning around the globe.
which they were traveling in that small space was incredible. The best part of the act was when the lights were dimmed and the motorcycle riders and their bikes lit up as the traveled around the globe. A lovely assistant also went into the globe and allowed the drivers to spin around her at high speeds. 


 My girls were particularly fond of the animals. The dogs were a hit with all the kids and adults alike. One of the little pups was quite the showman. He was hamming it up for the audience. 

 For me, I have always been fascinated by the acrobats and these talented performers are the best I've ever seen. The clowns have a special place in my heart and the jugglers were great too. I anticipate that my children will be throwing balls around for the next week or so.

The finale featured the return of many of the performers.
I was glad that my kids' first experience with the circus was at Ringling Brothers and Barnum Bailey.  I'm glad that their first experience was authentic and traditional. I'm confident to say that this performance is one that will entertain and amaze people of all ages. Children will be amazed and adults will likely feel like a five year old as well.

Want to attend the show? There is still time!!

Tickets on sale now for “Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey presents FULLY CHARGED!


 Tickets for the Everett shows are available online at www.comcastarenaeverett.com, charge by phone at 866-332-8499 or in-person at the Comcast Arena Box Office.

 
I am a Feld Family Ambassador, and in exchange for my time and efforts in attending shows and reporting my opinion within this blog, as well as keeping you advised of the latest discount offers, Feld Entertainment has provided me with complimentary tickets to Feld shows and opportunities to attend private Feld pre-Show events. Even though I receive these benefits, I always give an opinion that is 100% mine.

Earn gift cards while you search